Magistrate's Court Criminal/Traffic
- Last Updated on 09 September 2013
In all stations criminal and traffic cases are registered in one registry. The procedure followed is similar while registering criminal and traffic cases.
TYPES OF PROSECUTION
- Director Public Prosecution
- Divisional Prosecuting Officer
- Fiji Commerce Commission
- Fiji Independent Commission Against Corruption
- Ministry of Health
- Department of Energy
- Bio Security
- Fiji National Provident Fund
- Land Transport Authority
- City/Town Council - Health
- City/Town Council - Litter
- Fiji Revenue & Customs Authority
First Call - First appearance of accused after police bail.
For Service - Cases where serving of charges by police is pending.
Mention - Cases adjourned by court for full compliance by parties before setting trial dates.
Trial - Witness from parties take stand for evidence.
Sentence, Judgement, Ruling - the outcome from the trial.
High Court Transfer
Indictable offences are transferred to High Court, such as Rape, Murder, Aggravated Robbery. Few of these are remitted back under Extended Jurisdiction for trial by the Resident Magistrate's.