Administrative Assistant, Employment Relations Tribunal
Application number: 29/21
Application closes: 16/04/2021
The Judicial Department is an Independent and Impartial Judicial System and is responsible to serve justice in the community, reaching out to the public by attending our tasks diligently, efficiently and in a timely manner. It is to ensure a Judicial System that is Accessible, Efficient, Effective and Transparent.
The Judicial Department invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the following vacant position.
- Employment Relations Tribunal
Vacancy No. 29/21 Administrative Assistant, Employment Relations Tribunal, Suva – 1 Post
Role: Administrative Assistant
Level: SS 04
Salary range: $22,114 – $27,546
Unit/Division: Employment Relations Tribunal
- Reports to: Registrar Employment Relations Tribunal
- Liaises with: All officers in the Employment Relations Tribunal
- Subordinates: Employment Tribunal Clerks
To assist the Resident Magistrates, Non Legal Tribunals and the Registrar in the discharge of their judicial functions and the legal and quasi-judicial work of the Registry
- Custodian of Central Jurisdictions Employment Tribunal Case Files;
- Accepts, transmits and takes custody of documents related to tribunal matters;
- Prepares, and issues tribunal court orders based on decisions of the tribunal;
- Maintains the Register and register of cases and ensures weekly updates;
- Ensures that follow up-action pertaining to court orders and matters is carried out;
- Oversees the preparation of court documents, correspondence, and filing in accordance with legislative requirements, procedural manuals and practice directions;
- Provides a high level of support to the Bench in preparation for and during tribunal sittings;
- Responds to queries concerning the Employment tribunal and its work;
- Assists the Registrar in liaising with other registries where necessary;
- Makes arrangements for such interpretations or verification of translations into the Court’s official language as the court may require in connection with proceedings before the Court;
- Checks Rulings for accuracy, formatting, citations grammar, appearances of parties and manages the distribution;
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and statistics to Registrar Employment Tribunal;
- Performs the judicial duties of the Registrar in her absence and other duties as approved;
- Arrange logistics for District sittings if the need be.
A University Degree or Diploma in Management/ Public Administration/ Industrial or Employment Relations or Business Administration with at least 3 years work experience in the Administration field. The following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
Sound knowledge of the Employment Relations Act 2007 and other related Legislations, Polices and Procedures;
- Understanding of the Constitution and applicable laws of Fiji;
- Expert knowledge of Registry operations, administration, organisation, procedure, protocol and practices;
- Sound knowledge of case-flow management;
- At least 3 years experience working on a broad range of Administration functions or similar role;
- Experience in Tribunal Court Proceedings is an advantage.
Skills and Abilities
The applicant should have demonstrated the following skills and abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, communications (oral and written) and presentation skills;
- Excellent customer service orientation;
- Ability to build trust and credibility and establish and maintain effective working relationships with other colleagues, judicial and administrative officers, legal practitioners, representatives of government and private agencies and members of the general public;
- Ability to multi-task and function effectively in a fast paced and demanding environment;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times;
- Must have a high level of energy and drive;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of programmes, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 55, in sound health, with a clear police record. The successful applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance as a condition of employment.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with copies of academic certificates & transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the positions must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 16th April 2021 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.