vacancy No. 33/23 Library Assistant – Lautoka – 1 Post
Application number: 33/23
Application closes: 07/04/2023
Role: Library Assistant
Level: IR 05
Salary range: $17,511 – $22,114
- Reports to: Librarian, Lautoka
- Liaises with: Court Support Staff and Judicial Officers
- Subordinates: None
The position is responsible to the Deputy Registrar Legal, Western through the Librarian, for the provision of timely and accessible library information service to the Judicial Officers and Legal Practitioners. The position holder performs all basic reader services in order to assist in the efficiency of the services delivered by the Lautoka High Court Library.
- Ensure that all legal information requests from Judicial Officers are given first priority and efficient and effective information service is delivered at all times;
- Ensure to carry out all reader services of the Library in order to ensure that informational needs of the legal community are met;
- Ensure that proper records are kept for all materials loaned, accurate statistics maintained, photocopy and other clerical duties;
- Ensure that library is presentable at all times, proper labelling materials, shelves are done. Regular cleaning and dusting of shelves and books;
- And other duties assigned by the Librarian.
In addition to a good pass in Form 7 or a certificate in Library and Information Studies or equivalent with interest in Librarianship, the following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Good knowledge of local laws and legislations of Fiji and the South Pacific;
- Good knowledge of library information management;
- Good knowledge of current practices of Librarianship;
- At least 1-2 years work experience in this field.
Skills and Abilities
The applicant should have demonstrated the following skills and abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills together with public relations and customer service skills;
- Ability to analyse Statistics;
- Planning and organisational skills and the ability to work as a team;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to use office equipment efficiently;
- Demonstrated capacity to utilize computer programs to support the operations of the library.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 60, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with a photograph, copies of Academic Certificates & Transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the position must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 07th April 2023 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
The Chief Registrar
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE, UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED AND THE JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE ANY APPOINTMENT.