Vacancy No. 01/23 Technician – Suva/ Lautoka – 2 Post
Application number: 01/23
Application closes: 20/01/2023
Level: ES 05
Salary range: $23,736 – $33,056
Location: Suva & Lautoka
Unit/Division: IT Section
- Reports to: Manager IT
- Liaises with: Judicial Officers, Court Support Staff, ITC Personnel, Stakeholders
- Subordinates: Technical Assistants
This position exists to assist the IT Unit to meet performance required of the Judicial Department with regards to the manageability of technology and associated resources.
- Position manages the unit to meet performance requirements of the Judicial Department with regards to manageability of technology and associated recourses.
- Record and archive court sessions and make available as and when required.
- Repair and maintain audio equipment.
- Diagnose, repair and maintain monitors screens, CPU, UPS and printers.
- Provide helpdesk support for printers and fax machine and copiers.
- Setup and facilitate video conference.
- Network structured cabling and troubleshooting of network, switches, routers.
- Facilitate end user support and contribute to the planning of any design issues affecting the performance change of function of applications.
- The incumbent is expected to be an experienced electronics technician with excellent technical skills and solid computer knowledge and skills.
In addition to a Diploma in Electronics or Communications from a recognized institute with the following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Practical and working knowledge of managing and maintaining technology and audio equipment;
- Understanding of the Fijian Constitution and applicable laws of Fiji;
- At least 3 years experience working as an electronics technician or in a similar role
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent technical skills in networking/electronics and IT;
- Demonstrate the analytical ability in development and design work;
- Demonstrated ability to record and archive court sessions and make the same available as and when required;
- Ability perform network structured cabling and troubleshooting of network, switches, routers;
- Ability to manage resources to meet objectives and ability to effectively implement operational plans and achieve goals;
- Ability to work co-operatively within a team environment;
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 55, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with a photograph, copies of Academic Certificates & Transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the position must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 20th January 2023 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
The Acting Chief Registrar
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE, UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED AND THE JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE ANY APPOINTMENT.