Vacancy No. 08/23 Gardener, Magistrates Court, Nasinu – 1 Post [Re-advertised]
Application number: 08/23
Application closes: 20/01/2023
Level: Government Wage Earner
Salary range: $5.32/hr
Unit/Division: Magistrates Court
- Reports to: Senior Court Officer I
- Liaises with: Court Support Staff
- Subordinates: Nil
The role of the position is to maintain and upkeep the gardens and compound of the premises (Nasinu Magistrate’s Court Complex) clean and beautified.
- Responsible for cleaning the surroundings of the court complex that is cutting grass, pruning hedges, replanting, cleaning and clearing drains;
- Timely assist registry staff in office cleaning, post office runs and distribution of correspondences;
- Assist in any other duties as and when assigned by the superiors.
A pass in Fiji Junior examination [FJC] or equivalent with the following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of GWEs terms and conditions;
- Basic knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety legislation;
- Having previous work experience in the same field will be an advantage.
Skills and Abilities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform task allocated with minimum supervision;
- Ability to follow instructions and manage time effectively;
- Ability to work extra hours and be a good team player.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 55, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with a photograph, copies of Academic Certificates & Transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the position must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 20th January 2023 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
The Acting Chief Registrar
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE, UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED AND THE JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE ANY APPOINTMENT.