Vacancy No. 108/22 Clerical Officer [Travel/ Leave] – Suva – 1 Post
Application number: 108/22
Application closes: 28/10/2022
Role: Clerical Officer (Travel/ Leave)
Level: SS 05
Salary range: $17,511 – $22,114
Unit/Division: High Court Administration
- Reports to: Executive Officer (Travel Desk)
- Liaises with: Judicial Officers, HR Section Staff, Court Support Staff,
- Subordinates: Nil
This position exists to assist in establishing, maintaining and controlling administrative support services and personal functions in compliance with laws, rules, regulations, procedures and instructions currently in force in order to optimize administrative and support services and other delegated functions of the Department.
- Facilitate all the travel arrangements and bookings for accommodation of all Judicial Officers and Court Support Staff;
- Ensuring that Visa for Judicial Officers and their families are in order;
- Ensuring that the annual entitlements for the Judicial Officers are paid to them by the Accounts Section as stated in their contract;
- Preparation of contractual documents for all Judicial Officers;
- Provide Human Resources assistance in recruiting and swearing-in of Judicial Officers;
- Liaising with Protocol Officers as and when need arises;
- Arranging of Overseas and Local Workshop for the Judicial Officers;
- Assisting the Ad-Hoc, Court Of Appeal and Supreme Court Judges with their travel;
- Updating and maintaining of Leave records for all Judicial Officers;
- Assist in doing the Judicial Services Commission work as assigned by the Hon. Chief Justice and the Chief Registrar;
- Any other duties allocated by the Superiors.
A pass in Fiji Seventh Form Examination or equivalent. A pass in Service Examination H is an added advantage together with the following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Practical and working knowledge of the administration functions;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Fijian Constitution (2013), PSC Acts, General Orders and Department Policies and Directives;
- Relevant work experience is an added advantage.
Skills and Abilities
The applicant should have demonstrated the following skills and abilities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to follow instructions and meet set deadlines;
- Proven ability to effectively organize workload and work as part of a team;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information;
- Ability to utilize computer programs to support the operations of the Administration Division.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 55, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with a photograph, copies of Academic Certificates & Transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the position must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 28th October 2022 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
The Acting Chief Registrar
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE, UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED AND THE JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE ANY APPOINTMENT.