Vacancy No. 11/23 Counsellor, Family Court, Lautoka – 1 Post
Application number: 11/23
Application closes: 20/01/2023
Level: SW 04
Salary range: $34,814 – $40,748
Unit/Division: Family Court
- Reports to: Director Court Counselling Services
- Liaises with: Family Court Staff, Court Support Staff, Judicial Officers
- Subordinates: Nil
This position reports directly to the Director Court Counselling Services, Family Court. The officer will be responsible for the provision of counselling, intervention in risk assessment, child protection, family violence, report writing to court and other matters as required under the Family Law Act 2003.
- Providing counselling and conciliation to clients and families accessing the Courts;
- Attending to Divisional Court Circuits for all counselling related referrals;
- Present oral and written assessments reports for the Courts;
- Attend Case Assessment Conference and Joint Conciliation;
- Practice and promote effective communication strategies and systems;
- Assist in providing community education and consultation about the impact of separation and the services provided by the Family Court;
- Preparation of monthly reports to the Director Counselling;
- Make proper referrals to government or non-government organisations;
- Ensure all policies and procedures pertaining to counselling practice are being followed;
- Establish and maintain links with all stakeholders to achieve desirable outcomes.
A recognized Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related discipline; and registration and accredited membership eligibility of the Fiji Association of Social Workers or the Oceania Psychology Register or an internationally recognized accrediting professional body in Psychology or Social Work I essential. An internationally recognized post-graduate qualification in child and /or family counselling or equivalent is an advantage. The following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are required to successfully undertake this role;
Knowledge and Experience
- Sound knowledge of the Family Law Act and other related Legislations;
- Practical, working knowledge of Counselling services, Court operations, policies, processes and procedures;
- Understanding of the Fijian Constitution and applicable laws of Fiji; Acts and Regulations;
- At least 3 years experience working on a broad range of Counselling Services with the assessed potential to progress to another level.
Skills and Abilities
The applicant should have demonstrated the following skills and abilities:
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct counselling assessment, supervision and reporting as required under the Family Law Act;
- Demonstrated ability to provide intervention in risk assessment, child protection, family violence and intervention and other matters required under the Family Law Act;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and work cooperatively within a team environment,
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 55, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with a photograph, copies of Academic Certificates & Transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the position must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 20th January 2023 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
The Acting Chief Registrar
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE, UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED AND THE JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE ANY APPOINTMENT.