Vacancy No. 112/22 Clerical Officer – PSDT, Suva – 1 Post
Application number: 112/22
Application closes: 28/10/2022
Role: Clerical Officer
Level: SS 05
Salary range: $17,511 – $22,114
Unit/Division: Public Service Disciplinary Tribunal
- Reports to: Principal Administrative Officer (PSDT)
- Liaises with: Senior Administrative Officer(PSDT/Transport), Discipline Desk Officers from Ministries/Departments
- Subordinates: Groundsmen/Cleaner, Watchmen and Messenger/Driver
Assist in establishing, maintaining and controlling administrative support services to the Chairman, PSDT in compliance with laws, rules, regulations, procedures and instructions currently in force in order to optimize administrative and support services and other delegated functions of the Department.
- Check and prepare all the intended disciplinary disclosure-photocopy & bind all the disciplinary disclosure for Tribunal Matters with PSDT cases number before mention/ hearing dates;
- Create database for PSDT case tracking;
- Put up list of cases during mention/hearing for parties information;
- Order, pick up and prepare afternoon Tea for Tribunal Members;
- Dispatch mails to ministries/Departments;
- Open PSDT mail box from post office;
- Ensuring adequate office stationaries;
- Ensure the maintenance and safekeeping of assets including office equipment and updating of inventories including Board of Survey;
- Responsible for safe keeping and movements of files-subject, personal and confidential files;
- Prepare weekly GWEs timesheet;
- Check log book of watchmen;
- Prepare monthly attendance;
- Obtain quotations from suppliers;
- Ensure general cleanliness of the office ( inside & outside);
- Counter service.
A pass in Fiji Seventh Form Examination or equivalent. A pass in Service Examination H is an added advantage together with the following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Practical and working knowledge and experience of the administration functions;
- Sound knowledge of Civil Service Act 1999, Civil Service Regulation 1999, Civil Service Discipline Guidelines, General Orders and Department Policies;
- Sound knowledge of the Fijian Constitution (2013);
Skills and Abilities
The applicant should have demonstrated the following skills and abilities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and winthin a team environment;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information;
- Ability to utilize computer programs to support the operations of the Tribunal
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 55, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with a photograph, copies of Academic Certificates & Transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the position must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 28th October 2022 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
The Acting Chief Registrar
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE, UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED AND THE JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE ANY APPOINTMENT.