Vacancy No. 114/22 Clerical Officer [HR] Suva – 1 Post
Application number: 114/22
Application closes: 11/11/2022
Role: Clerical Officer (HR)
Level: SS 05
Salary range: $17,511 – $22,114
Unit/Division: HR Section
- Reports to: Senior Administrative Officer (HR)
- Liaises with: HR Section Staff, Court Support Staff
- Subordinates: Nil
The position reports to the Principal Administration Officer through Senior Administrative Officer [HR] and is responsible for effectively provide administration support services to the department by ensuring that all requests for renewal of contracts and extensions of temporary relieving and acting appointments are processed in a timely manner.
- Processing of extension of temporary relieving appointments;
- Facilitate the submission of renewal of contracts for all contracted officers and employee performance reviews for all temporary relievers for endorsement and approval;
- Ensure that all enquires related to the extensions of contracts and temporary appointments are dealt with effectively, efficiently and within the set time frame;
- Provide Secretarial, Administrative support services in accordance with Departmental policies, practices and procedure;
- Provide monthly reports on temporary relieving and acting extensions;
- Ensure to carry out the duties of a Clerical Officer under the supervision and control of the supervisor or such other officer as may be designated for that purpose by the department;
- Assist in any other duties as and when assigned by the Superiors.
A pass in Fiji Seventh Form Examination or equivalent. A pass in Service Examination H is an added advantage together with the following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Practical and working knowledge of the administration functions;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Fijian Constitution (2013), Civil Service Acts, General Orders and Department Policies and Directives;
- Relevant work experience is an added advantage.
Skills and Abilities
The applicant should have demonstrated the following skills and abilities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to follow instructions and meet set deadlines;
- Proven ability to effectively organize workload and work as part of a team;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information;
- Ability to utilize computer programs to support the operations of the Administration Division.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 55, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with a photograph, copies of Academic Certificates & Transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the position must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 11th November 2022 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
The Acting Chief Registrar
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE, UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED AND THE JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE ANY APPOINTMENT.