Vacancy No. 119/22 Assistant Court Officer/ Sheriff Officer, Magistrate’s Court [Suva (Civil Division) – 1 Post and Nasinu – 1 Post]
Application number: 119/22
Application closes: 25/11/2022
Role: Assistant Court Officer/ Sheriff Officer
Level: JD 05
Salary Range: $19,005 – $22,114
Location: Suva & Nasinu
Unit/ Division: Magistrates Court Suva (Civil Division) & Nasinu.
- Reports to: The Senior Court Officer/ Court Officer
- Liaises with: Court Support Staff, Judicial Officers
- Subordinates: None
This position reports to the Senior Court Officer through the Court Officer in Magistrate’s Court Civil Division Suva and Nasinu is responsible for the daily service and execution of warrants.
- Counter Service for the public and Legal clients;
- Under the directives of the Deputy Sheriff ensuring that service and execution of Court Orders, Warrants, FIFA, serving NOAHs and all other Court Orders are done in compliance with Statutes regulating these procedures;
- Maintaining records and reports daily on the progress of each process assigned, for submission to Supervising Officer ensuring that concerned entities are updated on the progress of service or execution of the process for further action as required by Statutes;
- Preparation and submission of affidavits or service on served process as required by the Statues;
- Ensuring the safety, security and confidentiality of processes assigned;
- To provide information and assistance whenever required;
- Perform any other function assigned by the Deputy Sheriff.
Qualification of a pass in Fiji Seven Form Examination or equivalent and must have a minimum of 50 marks in English OR a pass in Form Six examination with at least 1 -2 years work experience in interpretation duties. A pass in Departmental Examination X1 and Service Examination H1 or H would be an added advantage. The following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are also required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Sound knowledge and understanding of legislative requirements of the Constitution, Acts, Department Policies, Court Rules, Procedures and Processes;
- Knowledge of Court etiquette and legal terms;
- At least 1-2 years work experience in interpretation or in execution field or in similar work environment.
Skills and Abilities
- Good communication and interpretation skills with the ability to interpret and translate effectively in an open Court with either Hindi/ I-Taukei language and vice versa;
- Good public relations and customer service skills;
- Demonstrated ability of updating and maintaining case files and case register;
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and meet set deadlines in the execution of court orders and directives;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of information in relation to Court proceedings and records;
- Capacity to utilize computer programs to support the operations of the Court registry.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 55, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with a photograph, copies of Academic Certificates & Transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the position must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 25th November 2022 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
The Acting Chief Registrar
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE, UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED AND THE JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE ANY APPOINTMENT.