Vacancy No. 130/22 Front Desk Information Officer, Suva – 1 Posts Project Post [Three Months – One Year]
Application number: 130/22
Application closes: 16/12/2022
Role: Front Information Desk Officer
Level: JD 05
Salary range: $19,005 – $22,114
Unit/Division: Court of Appeal /High Court/ Magistrate’s Court
- Reports to: Deputy Registrar [Legal] Suva & Senior Court Officer I
- Liaises with: Court Support Staff, General Public
- Subordinates: Nil
The primary purpose of this position is to efficiently and effectively serve and assist court users and the members of the public.
- Serving and assisting court users and members of the public;
- Assist in filling of Court forms;
- Assist in registry work and data entry;
- Prepare and circulate monthly returns, case statistics and department’s Newsletter;
- Attend to general administrative and paralegal duties;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification of a pass in Fiji Seven Form Examination or equivalent and must have a minimum of 50 marks in English OR a pass in Form Six examination with at least 1 -2 years work experience in interpretation duties. A pass in Departmental Examination X1 and Service Examination H1 or H would be an added advantage. The following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are also required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Sound knowledge of Court Rules and procedures, legislative requirements of the Constitution and applicable laws of Fiji;
- Experience in similar role or relevant experience;
- Knowledge of legal forms and interpretations.
Skills and Abilities
The applicant should have demonstrated the following skills and abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills together with public relations and customer service skills;
- Ability to perform duties independently using sound judgement;
- Ability to follow instructions and achieve relevant outputs with strict deadlines;
- Planning and organisation skills and the ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity and is able to work with employees and clients from diverse backgrounds;
- Capacity to utilize computer programs to support the operations of the Unit.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 55, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with a photograph, copies of Academic Certificates & Transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the position must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 16th December 2022 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
The Acting Chief Registrar
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE, UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED AND THE JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE ANY APPOINTMENT.