Vacancy No. 14/23 Clerical Officer [Trust], Accounts Section, Suva – 1 Post Project Post [Three Months – One Year]
Application number: 14/23
Application closes: 20/01/2023
Role: Clerical Officer (Trust)
Level: SS 05
Salary range: $17,511 – $22,114
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 5.00pm – 11.00pm & Saturday 8.00am –4.00pm
Unit/Division: Accounts Section
- Reports to: Assistant Accounts Officer
- Liaises with: Accounts Section Staff, Court Support Staff
- Subordinates: Nil
The position reports to Manger Finance through Assistant Accounts Officer, Accounts Officer and Senior Accounts Officer and is responsible to do data entry for all Trust Fund Account in order to update and facilitate reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Data entry for all Trust Fund Account;
- Reconciliations of all Trust Fund Account;
- Ensuring that Journal Vouchers are raised to make adjustments where/when necessary.
A pass in Fiji Seventh Form Examination with Accounting as one of the subjects or equivalent. The following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are also required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Sound knowledge of Financial Instructions 2010, Financial Management Act 2004, Procurement Regulations 2010, Judicial Finance Manual, PSC Acts, Regulations, General Orders and Departmental Policies and Regulations;
- Sound knowledge of the Fijian Constitution (2013);
- Knowledge and experience in Accounts field and computer operations.
Skills and Abilities
The applicant should have demonstrated the following skills and abilities:
- Strong written and oral communications skills together with public relations and customer service skills;
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and achieve relevant outputs with strict deadlines;
- Planning and organisation skills and the ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to multitasks and organise workload;
- Ability to work under pressure and long hours if required;
- Competent in figure works;
- Capacity to utilize computer programs to support the operations of the Unit.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 55, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with a photograph, copies of Academic Certificates & Transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the position must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 20th January 2023 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
The Acting Chief Registrar
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE, UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED AND THE JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE ANY APPOINTMENT.