Vacancy No. 30/23 Steno Typist/ Typist, Suva – 1 Post
Application number: 30/23
Application closes: 24/02/2023
Position: Steno Typist/ Typist
Level: SS 05
Salary range: $17,511 – $22,114
Unit/Division: Court of Appeal/ Supreme Court
- Reports to: Senior Court Officer I and Court Officer
- Liaises with: Judicial Officer, Court Support Staff
- Subordinates: Nil
The primary purpose of this position is to provide secretarial support services to the Senior Court Officer I and the Court Officer in the Court of Appeal/ Supreme Court.
- Typing of documents, forms, correspondences, cause list, vouchers and any other official document;
- Answering telephone calls and other duties as assigned by the Supervising Officers;
- Providing counter and telephone service to the members of the public;
- Maintaining of Files/Registers in the Registry.
A pass in Fiji Seventh Form Examination [FSFE] or equivalent with 35wpm typing speed on manual typewriter or 40wpm typing speed on electronic/electric typewriter. Relevant work experience is advantageous. The following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Sound knowledge and experience in word processing and computer programs;
- Sound knowledge of legislative requirements, policies and directives;
- Relevant work experience is an added advantage.
Skills and Abilities
The applicant should have demonstrated the following skills and abilities:
- Good typing skills and ability to provide efficient and effective typing and secretarial services;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to utilize computer programs to support the operations of the Registry;
- Ability to follow instructions and organize workload in order to meet deadlines;
- Ability to participate in programmes/activities required and be a team player;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information;
- Shorthand skill is advantageous.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 55, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with a photograph, copies of Academic Certificates & Transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the position must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 24th February 2023 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
The Acting Chief Registrar
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE, UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED AND THE JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE ANY APPOINTMENT.