Vacancy No. 32/23 Technical Assistant – Suva – 1 Post
Application number: 32/23
Application closes: 07/04/2023
Role: Technical Assistant
Level: ES 06
Salary range: $18,775 – $23,736
Unit/Division: IT Section
a) Reports to: IT Manager
b) Liaises with: Judicial Officers, Court Support Staff, ITC Personnel, Stakeholders
c) Subordinates: Nil
This position exists to assist the IT Unit to meet performance required of the Judicial Department with regards to the manageability of technology and associated resources.
- Assist in installing and configuring Judiciary’s internal and external area data communications networks which carries data and voice communication following Govnet standards;
- Installing operating 6 and maintaining Judiciary’s network services, routers, hubs, switches, modems and other network devices;
- Assist in installing, maintaining and repairing hardware and software for Judicial computers, printers and other IT equipment’s;
- Resolve network communication problems to ensure users access to Judicial networks;
- Undertake other relevant duties assigned by Senior Systems Analyst Programmer.
In addition to a Certificate or Diploma in Information Technology/Information System/Electronics or equivalent from a recognized institution with at least 2 years’ experience working on a broad range of IT functions, the following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Practical and working knowledge of IT infrastructure hardware and software troubleshooting;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the applicable laws, policies and regulations in place;
- At least 2 year’s experience working on a broad range of IT functions;
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to perform installation, maintaining and configuration of internal and external area data communications network;
- Demonstrated ability to assist IT team in installing and repairing hardware and software for computers, printers and other IT equipment;
- Ability to resolve network communications problems for easy access to the network;
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and meet set deadlines, in regards to IT activities;
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team environment.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 60, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with a photograph, copies of Academic Certificates & Transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the position must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 24th February 2023 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
The Chief Registrar
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE, UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED AND THE JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE ANY APPOINTMENT.