Vacancy No. 35/21 Clerical Officer [Cashier], Accounts Section, Suva – 1 Post
Application number: 35/21
Application closes: 22/10/2021
Role: Clerical Officer
Level: SS 05
Salary range: $17,511 – $22,114
Unit/Division: Accounts Section
- Reports to: Assistant Accounts Officer (Payments)
- Liaises with: Accounts Section Staff, Court Support Staff
- Subordinates: Nil
The position reports to Manager Finance through Assistant Accounts Officer (Payments), Accounts Officer and Senior Accounts Officer and is responsible in ensuring that the cheques and remittance are printed and paid out to the correct payees promptly and accurately and also provide customer service at the counter and on telephone.
- Processing of EFT Payments and printing of cheques and remittance for outer stations, staff members, companies etc;
- Issuing of receipts and preparation of bank lodgements;
- Filing of paid vouchers;
- Updating of payment cash book and balancing it daily and monthly;
- Serving the public and ensuring EFT remittance are given to the right payees;
- Preparation of SI Journal and posting to FMIS
- Assisting in any other duties as and when assigned by the superiors.
A pass in Fiji Seventh Form Examination with Accounting as one of the subjects or equivalent. Relevant work experience and a pass in Service Examination “H” is an added advantage together with the following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Practical and working knowledge of the functions of Accounts Section;
- Understanding of the 2013 Fijian Constitution; Financial Instructions, Policies and Procedures;
- Relevant work experience and a pass in service Examination H is an added advantage.
Skills and Abilities
The applicant should have demonstrated the following skills and abilities:
- Good communications and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to follow instructions and meet set deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to organize workload and work as part of a team;
- Capacity to use computer programs to support the operations in the Accounts Section;
- Competent in figure work.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 55, in sound health, with a clear police record. The successful applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with a photograph, copies of Academic Certificates & Transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the positions must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 22nd October 2021 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE, UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.