Vacancy No. 46/23 Administrative Officer [HR Section], Suva – 1 Post
Application number: 46/23
Application closes: 16/06/2023
Position: Administrative Officer [HR]
Level: SS 03
Salary range: $27,546 – $33,956
Unit/Division: HR Section
- Reports to: Senior Administrative Officer [HR]
- Liaises with: HR Section Staff, Court Support Staff
- Subordinates: Executive Officers, Clerical Officers [HR] and Messenger
This position exists to assist the Principal Administrative Officer through the Senior Administrative Officer (Human Resources) in the provision of quality administrative support services including advice on public service regulations, policy, procedures and guidelines.
- Coordinating Human Resources programmes and assist in the collation of information for the unit;
- Supervising Human Resources staff in the absence of the Senior members and to ensure administrative processes are carried effectively;
- Assisting in the timely processing of vacancies;
- The position also oversees the Registry section to ensure adherence to the Records Management Policy and procedures and in particular the accurate filing of correspondence;
- Secretariat support to the Workforce Plan team and other meetings as assigned and compile the Units monthly reports;
- Formalizing the request for interpreters for the purpose of interpretation in Court as and when need arises;
- Preparing appropriate submission regarding new temporary relieving appointments;
- Facilitating the Department’s Staff’s transfers/postings, cartage and travelling expenses and prepare submissions as required by supervisor;
- Any other duties assigned by the superiors.
A Bachelor Degree in Management & Public Administration/ Commerce/ Business Administration or equivalent with 3 years work experience OR a Diploma in Management/Public Administration or equivalent with 5 years work experience in Administration field. A pass in all service examinations except U is an added advantage. The following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Practical and work based knowledge and understanding of Fijian Constitution (2013), ER Act, PSC Act, OHS Act and other Government Policies, Rules and Regulations;
- Knowledge and experience on a broad range of Administration functions;
- At least 3 – 5 years work experience in the Administration and Human Resources field;
- Experience in writing and compiling reports;
- Experience in managing and mentoring of staff.
Skills and Abilities
The applicant should have demonstrated the following skills and abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good analytical and report writing skills;
- Proficient time management and planning skills;
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and meet set deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within a team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of information;
- Capacity to utilize computer programs to support the operations of the Division.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 60, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with a photograph, copies of Academic Certificates & Transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the position must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 16th June 2023 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
The Chief Registrar
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE, UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED AND THE JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE ANY APPOINTMENT.