Vacancy No. 56/23 Messenger Grade I, High Court Civil, Suva – 1 Post
Application number: 56/23
Application closes: 16/06/2023
Position: Messenger Grade I
Level: Government Wage Earner
Salary range: $5.32/hr
Unit/Division: High Court Civil
Reports to: Senior Court Officer I & II
Liaises with: Judicial Officers and Court Support Staff
The role of the position is to provide reliable messenger and cleaning services to the High Court Civil Division.
- Responsible for daily opening and closing of area of operation as assigned by the Court Officer to ensure that work begins on time;
- Daily opening of area of operation as assigned by Court Officer to ensure that operational area is thoroughly swept, furniture dusted, windows wiped, floor mopped, waste paper pins emptied and convenience washed on time before staff begin work each day;
- Daily despatch as assigned by the Court Officer either by hand or post, ensuring the timely, secure and confidential delivery of despatches;
- Ensure that the assigned (outdoor) area of the registry is kept clean;
- Daily locking and securing of assigned area of operation to ensure its safety and security;
- Perform any other functions assigned by the Supervisor.
In addition to a pass in Fiji Junior Examination Certificate OR equivalent with relevant work experience, the following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Good knowledge of housekeeping, cleaning and sanitation products, techniques and methods;
- At least one year experience in cleaning and operation of various cleaning appliances in a busy office environment;
- Working knowledge of operating cleaning equipment and sensitive materials;
- Basic understanding of Health and Safety (OHS) issues in relations to cleaning operations;
- Understanding of Government Machinery.
Skills and Abilities
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to sort out and organise large quantities of material for despatch;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and achieve relevant outputs with strict deadlines;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and neutrality in a sensitive environment;
- Ability to follow instructions and work effectively as a team;
- Ability to work long or odd hours as and when required.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 60, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with a photograph, copies of Academic Certificates & Transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the position must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 16th June 2023 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
The Chief Registrar
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE, UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED AND THE JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE ANY APPOINTMENT.