Vacancy No. 62/23 Messenger Grade II, Magistrate’s Court, Lautoka – 1 Post
Application number: 62/23
Application closes: 16/06/2023
Position: Messenger Grade II
Level: Government Wage Earner
Salary range: $5.32/hr
Unit/Division: High Court
Reports to: Senior Court Officer
Liaises with: Judicial Officers and Court Support Staff
The role of the position is to provide reliable messenger and cleaning services to the Magistrate’s Court Lautoka.
- Responsible for daily opening of area of operation as assigned by the Senior Court Officer to ensure that work begins on time;
- Ensuring that the operational area is thoroughly swept, furniture dusted, windows wiped, floor mopped, waste paper bins emptied on time;
- Daily despatch as assigned by the Senior Court Officer either by hand or post, ensuring the timely, secure and confidential delivery of despatches;
- Ensure that the assigned (outdoor) area of the registry is kept clean;
- Daily locking and securing of assigned area of operation to ensure its safety and security;
- Perform any other functions assigned by the Supervisor.
A pass in Fiji Junior Examination [FJC] or equivalent. Must be physically and mentally fit together with the following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of GWEs terms and conditions;
- Basic knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety legislation;
- Having previous work experience in the same field will be an advantage.
Skills and Abilities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform task allocated with minimum supervision;
- Ability to follow instructions and manage time effectively;
- Ability to work extra hours and be a good team player.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 60, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with a photograph, copies of Academic Certificates & Transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the position must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 16th June 2023 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
The Chief Registrar
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE, UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED AND THE JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE ANY APPOINTMENT.