Vacancy No. 65/23 Driver – [Fine Enforcement Unit] – 1 Post, Suva Project Post [Three Months – One Year]
Application number: 65/23
Application closes: 16/06/2023
Level: Government Wage Earner
Salary range: $5.32/hr
Unit/Division: fine Enforcement Unit
- Reports to: Executive Officer – Transport
- Liaises with: Transport Officer, Judicial Officers and Court Support Staff
- Subordinates: Nil
The primary purpose of this position is to assist with the delivery of transportation services of the Department. The incumbent is to ensure that the vehicle is secured, maintained and safe for use anytime the transportation service is required.
- Maintain the cleanliness of vehicle at all times;
- Driving daily by liaising with the Transport Officer for all official runs and transporting officers to their destinations;
- Filling of vehicle running sheets daily;
- Maintaining the vehicle and ensure proper garaging of vehicle at the end of the day;
- Provide safe and reliable driving at all times;
- Ensure vehicles are always in good running order and tools and spare tyres are available in vehicle;
- Ensure vehicle servicing is conducted;
- Driving duties will involve long hours of work, be available to work after hours, weekends including public holidays and travelling out of Headquarters for official purposes;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Transport Officer and Senior Administrative Officer (PSDT) as and when required.
An essential pass in Fiji Junior examination [FJC] or equivalent with a valid driving licence Class 2 and defensive driving certificate. The following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of road codes and rules;
- Basic knowledge of OHS Acts and vehicle maintenance and servicing;
- Relevant driving experience is advantageous.
Skills and Abilities
- Good driving skills;
- Ability to drive safely and effectively;
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively;
- Ability to manage time effectively and to work extra hours;
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 60, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with a photograph, copies of Academic Certificates & Transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the position must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 16th June 2023 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
The Chief Registrar
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE, UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED AND THE JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE ANY APPOINTMENT.