Vacancy No. 66/23 Clerical Officer [Fiji Mediation Centre], Suva – 2 Post Project Post [Three Months – One Year]
Application number: 66/23
Application closes: 16/06/2023
Role: Clerical Officer [FMC]
Level: SS 05
Salary range: $17,511 – $22,114
Unit/Division: Fiji Mediation Centre
- Reports to: Executive Officer [Fiji Mediation Centre]
- Liaises with: Secretary for FMC, GWE’s and all the staff of the Judicial Department
- Subordinates: Nil
The position reports to the Secretary, Fiji Mediation Centre through the Executive Officer [FMC] and is responsible for effectively providing administration support to the centre by ensuring that all requests for the day to day running of the centre and effective operations of Fiji Mediation Centre’s processes are attended to in a timely manner.
- Processing of payment vouchers for mediation centre;
- Facilitate the compilation of case file for cases referred to the Centre;
- Ensure that all enquires related to the listings of cases for mediation are dealt with effectively, efficiently and within the set time frame;
- Provide Secretarial, Administrative support in accordance with Judicial Departmental policies, practices and procedure;
- Collate data for weekly/monthly reports in terms of the Centre;
- Ensure to carry out the duties of a Clerical Officer under the supervision and control of the supervisor or such other officer as may be designated for that purpose by the department;
- Assist in any other duties as and when assigned by the Superiors.
Qualification of a pass in Fiji Seventh Form Examination or equivalent. A pass in Service Examination H is an added advantage together with the following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Some knowledge of Alternative Dispute Resolution, PSC Acts, Regulations, General Orders, Financial Instructions and Department Policies and Regulations and Court Procedures;
- Knowledge of the Fijian Constitution (2013);
- Knowledge and experience in HR work related activities.
Skills and Abilities
The applicant should have demonstrated the following skills and abilities:
- Strong written and oral communications skills together with good public relations and customer service skills;
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and achieve relevant output with strict deadlines;
- Planning coordination and organisational skills and the ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to do multitasks and organise workload;
- Capacity to utilize computer programs to support the operations of the centre.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 60, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with a photograph, copies of Academic Certificates & Transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the position must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 16th June 2023 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
The Chief Registrar
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE, UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED AND THE JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE ANY APPOINTMENT.