Vacancy No. 75/22 Domestic Assistant – Suva – 2 Posts [Re-advertised]
Application number: 75/22
Application closes: 12/08/2022
Position: Domestic Assistant
Level: TG 06
Salary range: $13,425 – $14,596 per annum
Unit/Division: High Court Administration
- Reports to: Chief Justice
- Liaises with: Chief Justice
- Subordinates: Nil
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure that an efficient and high quality Domestic Service is provided at the Chief Justice’s residence. Also the Chief Justice’s residence is kept in a clean, hygienic and homely condition.
- Provides efficient and reliable cleaning service for the Chief Justice’s residence;
- Attend to the Chief Justice, his family members (residing on the premises) and his guests housekeeping and laundry needs;
- Assist in the preparation of healthy and hotel standard meals for the Chief Justice, his family and His Lordship’s guests;
- Maintenance of Utensils and their cleaning and safe storage;
- Assist in general clean-up and maintenance of the cleanliness to the Chief Justice’s Residence;
- Assist with other domestic duties as directed by the Chief Justice and to be on duty whenever required for official functions or preparations.
A pass in Fiji Junior Examination [FJC]. Relevant work experience is preferred in this field with the following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Occupational Health and Safety Legislation;
- Relevant work experience of at least 3 years in housekeeping and cooking.
Skills and Abilities
The applicant should have demonstrated the following skills and abilities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to cook Hotel standard meals [including Indian/English/Fijian/Chinese];
- Ability to manage time effectively with the work required;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team;
- Display maturity to handle the required tasks.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 55, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with a photograph, copies of Academic Certificates & Transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the positions must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 12th August 2022 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
The Acting Chief Registrar
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE, UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.