Vacancy No. 76/22 Sheriff Officer – [Fine Enforcement Unit] – 1 Post, Suva Project Post [Three Months – One Year]
Application number: 76/22
Application closes: 12/08/2022
Role: Sheriff Officer
Salary Range: $19,005 – $22,114
Unit/ Division: Fine Enforcement Unit
- Reports to: Assistant Statistician
- Liaises with: Police Prosecution Officers and Fine Enforcement Unit Staff
- Subordinates: None
This position is responsible to the Assistant Statistician for executing, arranging and preparation of committal warrants.
- Contacting fine defaulters to make arrangements for payment;
- Arranging warrants according to its geographical location before the execution of warrants within the central/ eastern division;
- Execution of committal warrants with police officers on a daily basis;
- Prepare daily reports on the collection of fines;
- Dispatching of executed and accepted warrants to court stations;
- Keep track of defendants that have arranged to make payments;
- To provide information and assistance whenever required;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualification of a pass in Fiji Seven Form Examination or equivalent and must have a minimum of 50 marks in English OR a pass in Form Six examination with at least 1 -2 years work experience in similar field. A pass in Departmental Examination X1 and Service Examination H1 or H would be an added advantage. The following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are also required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Sound knowledge and understanding of legislative requirements of the Constitution, Acts, Department Policies, Court Rules, Procedures and Processes;
- Knowledge of Court etiquette and legal terms;
- At least 1-2 years work experience in interpretation or in execution field or in similar work environment.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to be stern with fine defendants;
- Good communication and interpretation skills with the ability to translate effectively either Hindi/I-Taukei language and vice versa;
- Demonstrated ability to perform independently and with minimum supervision;
- Good written and oral communications skills together with public relations and customer service skills;
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and work cooperatively within a team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 55, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with a photograph, copies of Academic Certificates & Transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the positions must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 12th August 2022 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
The Acting Chief Registrar
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE, UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.