Vacancy No. 78/22 Assistant Court Officer – High Court Suva (Civil Division) – 1 Post
Application number: 78/22
Application closes: 19/08/2022
Role: Assistant Court Officer
Level: JD 05
Salary Range: $19,005 – $22,114
Unit/ Division: High Court, Suva (Civil Division)
- Reports to: The Senior Court Officer
- Liaises with: Judicial Officers and Court Support Staff
- Subordinates: None
This position is responsible to the Senior Court Officer, High Court through Court Officer and is responsible for reviewing, checking and issuing court documents.
- Ensuring compliance with the legislative requirements of the Constitution, Acts, Rules and regulation relating to the functions of the Court System;
- Ensuring that proper and correct interpretation in court from English to Fijian/Hindi and vice versa, whenever required;
- Ensuring proper entries are made for all the orders, fines/compensation payments received, etc. into the relevant registers;
- Ensuring proper counter service to the members of the public and stakeholders;
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly return.
Qualification of a pass in Fiji Seven Form Examination or equivalent and must have a minimum of 50 marks in English OR a pass in Form Six examination with at least 1 -2 years work experience in interpretation duties. A pass in Departmental Examination X1 and Service Examination H1 or H would be an added advantage. The following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are also required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Sound knowledge and understanding of legislative requirements of the Constitution, Acts, Department Policies, Court Rules, Procedures and Processes;
- Knowledge of Court etiquette and legal terms;
- At least 1-2 years work experience in interpretation field or in similar work environment.
Skills and Abilities
- Good communication and interpretation skills with the ability to interpret and translate effectively in an open Court with either Hindi/ I-Taukei language and vice versa;
- Good public relations and customer service skills;
- Demonstrated ability of updating and maintaining case files and case register;
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and work cooperatively within a team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of information in relation to Court proceedings;
- Capacity to utilize computer programs to support the operations of the Court registry.