Vacancy No. 89/22 Clerical Officer [Leave], Suva – 1 Post
Application number: 80/22
Application closes: 23/09/2022
Role: Clerical Officer (Leave Section)
Level: SS 05
Salary range: $17,511 – $22,114
Unit/Division: HR Section
- Reports to: Executive Officer (Leave)
- Liaises with: HR Section Staff, Accounts Section staff, Court Support Staff, Ministry of Economy
- Subordinates: Nil
This position reports to the Executive Officer [Leave] and is responsible for timely and efficient administration of leave for established staff and GWE’s. The officer is also required to attend to queries regarding leave matters.
- Submitting of Leave for the applicants to the Deputy Registrar [Corporate] for the final approval;
- Once leave is approved then make the necessary updates in the LMS including the manual updates in the leave file.
- Preparation of Monthly absence and attendance report for Administration Staff;
- Assist EO(L) for preparation of Monthly absence and attendance report from outer registries and ensure that they are submitted on time, i.e. on monthly basis;
- Preparation of submission for forfeiture of Salary and informing Accounts Section and staff of the same including reimbursement of salary;
- Assist EO(L) for submissions for overseas leave, long service leave and leave without pay to the Chief Registrar for approval;
- Preparing timesheet for the TR Officers every Wednesday;
- Coordinate and ensure the payment of leave allowance in accordance with entitlement and submitted to Ministry of Economy for payment;
- Assist in any other duties as and when assigned by the superiors.
A pass in Fiji Seventh Form Examination or equivalent. A pass in Service Examination H is an added advantage together with the following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities are required to successfully undertake this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Practical and working knowledge of the administration functions;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Fijian Constitution (2013), Civil Service Acts, General Orders and Department Policies and Directives;
- Relevant work experience is an added advantage.
Skills and Abilities
The applicant should have demonstrated the following skills and abilities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to follow instructions and meet set deadlines;
- Proven ability to effectively organize workload and work as part of a team;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information;
- Ability to utilize computer programs to support the operations of the Administration Division.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Judicial Department must be Fijian Citizens, under Age 55, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical report and police clearance prior to taking up duty.
The Judicial Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
To apply for this role please provide an up-to-date resume with a photograph, copies of Academic Certificates & Transcripts, at least two referees, with one being a current or recent supervisor, a filled JD Form 01 which is available on website www.judiciary.gov.fj or from any Court Registry Fiji wide or HR Office in Suva. Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted by the Judicial Department, your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
Applications for the position must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 23rd September 2022 and addressed to:
Applications by Post:
The Acting Chief Registrar
Level 3, Kelton House
LATE, UNSIGNED OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.